The hospitality community has come together to fight the good fight.
Venue owners, employees, suppliers and producers are working with industry bodies, hospitality heavyweights and media partners to seek relief for people in Australian hospitality.
We are only able to impact Federal Government decisions with a loud and united voice.
Thank you to everyone who has helped, and continues to help, the Keep Our Venues Alive campaign efforts. We will continue to work until we exhaust ourselves. That’s a promise.
#keepourvenuesalive #weareinthistogether #savenightlife
So far we’ve heard from many of you through the research forms. And we thank you.
- 113 venue owners or managers
- 64 venue employees
- 24 venue suppliers or producers
Cash Flow Survey:
64 venue owners or managers
Venue Pulse Check Survey:
42 venue owners or managers
THIS IS WHAT WE’RE HEARING FROM YOU:
- “Venues desperately need the kind of wage guarantee announced by the UK government, which would give them breathing space over the next critical period.” – Michael Rodrigues, Time Out and NTIA.
- “One silver lining of all of this is the human instinct to come together, metaphorically or virtually as the case may be…” – Kenny Graham, Mary’s.
- “Support all hospitality staff to ensure security and mental stability in the most trying of times.” – Matt Linklater, Black Pearl.
VOICES OF THE PEOPLE:
We have asked our community to share their COVID experience. Listen to:
Ev Liong from Melbourne’s Lee Ho Fook.
Andrew Fitsgerald from Melbourne Moonshine.
Cara Devine from Melbourne’s Bomba Tapas Bar.
Niall Maurici from Tasmania’s OddFellows Bar.
OTHER INITIATIVES IN THE FIGHT:
There are some great hospitality-focused initiatives driving awareness. The below groups are supporting immediate industry empowerment. Please check them out.